Currently, Elisha is an Assistant Professor of Film at Eastern Washington University where she teaches screenwriting, directing and script analysis. Elisha Miranda was the founding director of the Digital Film Department at the MCVTS School of the Arts in Central New Jersey. She was also a fellow for the National Book Foundation and has served as an adjunct professor at SUNY Purchase, NYU, Bard College and the City College of New York.
She founded two youth programs in San Francisco and co-founded Chica Luna Productions in New York City, which inspires young women of color to cultivate their own voice using popular media, earning her a Union Square Award Artist Award and Lo Mejor de Nuestra Comunidad Award. While at Chica Luna, Miranda produced over 40 films that screened at Sundance, HBO, ITVS and SHOWTIME.
Digital Media Studio: Connecting Culture, Identity and the Classroom - COMING SOON!
Edited by Elisha Miranda, Chica Sol Films, Lulu.Com, 2014
The Women of Color Media Justice Toolkit - COMING SOON!
Edited by Elisha Miranda and Sofia Quintero, The Sister Outsider Group, Lulu.Com, 2014.
Pandora’s: A Toolkit for using Multimedia to Discuss LGBTQ Identity
Edited by Elisha Miranda and Sofia Quintero, The Sister Outsider Group, Lulu.com, 2013 - A 21st Century Digital Media & Film Curriculum for Teachers
Conscious Women Rock the Page
Edited by Elisha Miranda, et, al, The Sister Outsider Group, Lulu.Com , 2007
A feminist hip-hop curriculum to use with the The Sista Hood series for high school and college students.
Guest Lecture, Keynote, and Workshops Topics
- Discussing Identity (race, gender, class and sexuality) utilizing the arts.
- Arts education (creative writing, screenwriting, filmmaking, social media).
- The practice of art and intergroup dialogue in the secondary and post-secondary classroom.
- Media literacy and justice.
- Effectively bringing multimedia (film, social media, transmedia, theater, writing workshops, etc) into the 21st century classroom or youth program.
- Cinematic style and craft from the pitch to the screenplay, pre-production to directing and post-production to distribution.
- Hip-hop feminism and pop culture remixing.
- Becoming an auteur: Writing, directing, producing and distributing your own short films and social media webseries/content.
- Successfully building organizations and programs using the arts.
Public Lectures and Speaking Engagements
Arizona State University
Bronx Community College
Brooklyn Academy of Music
Dallas Public Library
El Museo del Barrio
Museum of Moving Image
Museum of Modern Art, New York
National Association of Latino Independent Producers
NYU’S Conference on Preemptive Education
Rochester Institute of Technology
San Francisco State University
San Francisco Youth Guidance Center
Sarah Lawrence College
SUNY Purchase College
The Coalition of Essential Schools
The National Association of Multicultural Education Conference
The New School for Social Research
The Nuyorican Poet’s Cafe
University of California at Berkeley
Washington State University
Women Action and Media Conference, MIT
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts